If you’re starting to feel like the skin on your face isn’t getting clean enough when you wash it, or that wrinkles are deeper than normal, you’re not alone. Just about everybody feels like that sometimes. Besides aging, everything from sun exposure to clogged pores can affect your skin tone. There can be scarring, fine lines and an unappealing luster in your complexion.
What to do about this? Consider a chemical peel.
Chemical peels are designed for a range of skin issues, and while no two formulas are the same, the right treatment will leave you feeling like your old self again in no time.
When applied properly by our specialists at Dr. Berkley Skin + Body, our medi spa in Los Angeles, chemical peels produce a vibrant, smoother and younger look. Even a mild chemical peel will exfoliate pores and leave a nice, glowing appearance.
Is It Safe?
Yes, it’s very safe. What chemical peels do is increase cell turnover and improve hyper-pigmentation.
They work like this: a chemical solution is applied to the skin; the solution dissolves upper skin layers. The skin then heals itself, and is rejuvenated with new tissue, resulting in a fresh, smooth layer of skin.
Chemical peels will vary in depth and strength of chemicals, and length of time the solution remains on the skin. There are different formulas, as well. We’ll work with you to determine which type to use, and adjust the application based on your needs and skin type.
Benefits of Chemical Peels
Chemical peels are one of the least invasive skin improvement treatments in the medical community, offering a broad range of beauty benefits, including:
- Compared to the cost of the newest anti-aging products, many of which do not work, chemical peels are a bargain, offering significant, visible results.
- Chemical peels can be done quickly. The in-office procedure is can be performed quickly, and you’ll be on your way with no side effects or time lost waiting for recovery.
- Minimized wrinkles and fine lines. Chemical peels are an approved and efficient way to get smoother skin.
- Chemical peels enhance collagen growth, resulting in a healthier and younger look.
- A clean and glowing complexion is the ultimate confidence booster. When we look good, we feel good.
Whether you have acne scars, uneven skin tones or some other imperfection, healthy, vibrant skin is not out of your reach. If you’re interested, contact our medi spa in Studio City. We will work with you to develop the perfect chemical peel treatment!